Crinkles cookies are a popular dessert during the holidays, and since Christmas is coming soon, Olivia and I made these Ube Crinkles cookies.
I don’t have ube jam, and I can’t find Asian stores here in Esbjerg where they sell it. So, we decided to use the ube extract, and we love how this dough turns into a gorgeous purple color.
These crinkles are so simple to make but require refrigeration for a couple of hours, so plan. Enjoy!
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! 😊 You can also follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to see what I am getting up to.
For 18 servings, you will need:
- 250 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 4 grams (1 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1.5 grams) fine salt
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) granulated white sugar, adjust according to your preference
- 54 grams (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (11 grams) ube extract
- 2 large whole eggs (110 grams), room temperature
- drops of purple food coloring, optional
- powdered sugar, for coating
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together, then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk sugar, vegetable oil, and ube extract. Whisk again to blend well. Beat eggs in one at a time.
- Using a spatula, fold the flour mixture into the ube dough and continue folding and stirring until well incorporated. Make sure no dry flour remains.
- Cover the bowl with plastic film and chill the dough in the fridge for 4 hours to overnight. The longer you chill the dough, the better.
- Preheat oven (up and down heat) to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Scoop a generous 1 tablespoon (or 1.5 tbsp) of the dough mixture. Roll into a ball and coat generously with powdered sugar, then place on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake (middle rack) for 8 minutes (1 tbsp) or 10 minutes for 1.5 tbsp dough.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve, share, and enjoy!