These tuna pies are simple to make and incredibly delicious. All you need is some puff pastry, a can of tuna, and a few other simple ingredients you will probably have in your fridge and pantry.
I purchase the puff pastry from the grocery store, but you can make it from scratch if you have the time and energy.
Give our tuna pies a try, and let us know what you think.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to see what I am getting up to.
You will need:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup of corn
- ¼ cup green peas
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 can in water or oil
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- egg wash
- 1 pack puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add onion and garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add flour and stir until cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the milk while stirring until the mixture becomes creamy—turn of the heat.
- Put in the corn, peas, cheese, and tuna. Season with salt and pepper, and gently mix until well combined.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a flat surface; cut it using a cookie cutter or use a knife.
- Place some of the tuna mixtures into the center. Lay another piece of puff pastry over the top and seal it with the tip of a fork.
- Place the tuna pies onto a baking tray lined with some parchment paper.
- Please place them in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.