The easiest and most flavorful homemade Thai red curry you will ever make in just 30 minutes. It’s super easy to make and is so delicious for dinner.
Lime kefir leaves
I have bought them in my local SuperBrugsen in the ‘Oriental’ section.
Kefir leaves are known as one of the most aromatic of all herbs. They are common and distinctive ingredients in soups, curries, stir-fries, and more. But remember that when you use Kefir leaves in your cooking, remove them before serving. I also used a store-bought Red Curry Paste from SuperBrugsen.
This dish is filled with authentic red Thai curry flavor, not too spicy, and the coconut milk sauce is to die for!
Serve with rice for a fast, healthy weeknight dinner.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to see what I am getting up to.
You will need:
- cooking oil, for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger thinly sliced or 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1000 g chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 can full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream, do not use light or the sauce won’t thicken properly
- 4 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 pcs lime kefir leaves
- 2 tsp sugar
- Heat a pan or wok with oil.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan and cook until golden.
- Add the chicken and cook, occasionally stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, broth cube, red curry paste, bell pepper, and lime kefir leaves and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes. The sauce should have reduced and thickened by this stage. Now add sugar.
- Serve immediately with rice.