Don’t you like cabbage? Yes? Well, it’s probably because you haven’t tried these cabbage rolls.
These cabbage rolls are savory and come with a touch of keto in it.
Ingredients for making cabbage rolls
- one head of cabbage rolls
- ground pork
- green onion
- Kikkoman soya sauce
Here’s some of my useful tips
After making these cabbage rolls, I have collected some useful tips to use minimum effort to make this dish.
- Instead of boiling the whole cabbage roll head, peel the cabbage roll leaves. Drop the leaves into boiling salted water—cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well.
- There’s thick steam on the bottom of each leaf that I recommend trimming down a bit to make the cabbage easier to work with.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to see what I am getting up to.
You will need:
- 1 large head of cabbage
- 500 g ground pork, you can use any kind of ground meat
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp soya sauce, I used Kikkoman
Prepare the cabbage leaves
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil.
- Carefully place the cabbage in the boiling water. Cover and let the cabbage steam for about 15 minutes. TIPS: Or before boiling, peel the cabbage leaves, drop them into boiling water and cook for 5 minutes or until soft and bendy.
- Once the cabbage is cool enough to touch, pat each leaf dry with a paper towel and gently peel away individual leaves. Using a knife, trim down the thick center stem on each leaf.
Prepare the meat filling
- In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Place a cabbage leaf on the chopping board.
- Place a tablespoon of filling in the center of each leaf.
- Fold the cabbage leaf’s bottom over the meat, fold in the sides, and then continue to roll up the entire cabbage roll.
- Place cabbage rolls onto steamer rack and steam for 30 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Remove from the steamer to cool.