This dish also perfect as a party dish or dinner party starter that will really wow your guests.
You will need:
- slow-cooked/roasted pork belly
- bao buns
- pickled red cabbage
- sliced cucumber
- hoisin sauce
- sesame seed, for garnish
- Cook pork belly according to the directions. Remove from the oven and stand for 10 minutes before slicing into pieces.
- Meanwhile, line a bamboo steamer with a sheet of baking paper. Place bao buns in a single layer over paper. Steam bao buns according to the direction, until soft and spongy.
- While you’re steaming your buns, you can now prepare your hoisin sauce.
- Serve bao buns filled with crackling pork, cucumber, and pickled red cabbage. Drizzle with hoisin sauce, garnish with sliced cucumber and pickled red cabbage, then sprinkle some sesame seeds. Enjoy!