This Sriracha Tuna Stuffed Avocado recipe is a quick and easy snack or light meal. You can have it ready in about 10 minutes. This post is sponsored by Planets Pride A/S.
This is the perfect recipe for a hot summer day when it is too hot to cook or when you want an easy and quick dish to eat. You can play with this recipe and used ingredients that already in your pantry. If you don’t have spring onions, substitute with red onion. Also, feel free to adjust the Sriracha sauce as needed. Add more if you like it spicier. 😉
Frozen Tuna Cubes
Since I live in Denmark and don’t have great access to fresh tuna, I’m fortunate that the Planets Pride A/S contacted me and ask if I can create recipes out of their products. 😊
So, this is my first recipe using Planets Pride A/S frozen tuna, and if you’re living in Denmark, you can find their products in some chosen Asian stores.
Recipes using Planets Pride products
- Sriracha Tuna Stuffed Avocado with Spring Onions
- Honey-Soy Glazed Tuna with Ginger and Peppers
- How to Cook Tempura Shrimp
- Black Bao Buns Filled with Tempura Shrimp and Coleslaw
- Tempura Shrimp with Curry (Danish Style)
If you are in a low carb diet, you can still make this recipe but substituting gluten-free soya like coconut aminos or tamari soya sauce instead of normal soy sauce.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! 😊
You will need:
- 200 grams tuna cubes
- 2 whole avocados, halved and seeded
- a small squeeze of lime or lemon juice
For the Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (for low carb version use coconut aminos or tamari soya sauce)
- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp Sriracha sauce (or more, if you like it spicier)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 spring onions only the white part, thinly sliced (use the green parts for garnish)
- 2 tbsp carrots, julienned
- salt and pepper, to taste
For topping and garnish
- extra Sriracha sauce
- the green parts from spring onions, thinly sliced
- black sesame seeds
How to make Sriracha Tuna Stuffed Avocado
- Whisk together soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, spring onions (the white part), carrots then season with salt and pepper.
2. Use a spoon to scoop a shallow cup into your avocado halves. Save the skin as we will use it as our little bowl for this dish.
3. Transfer the avocado meat in a plate and sliced into small cubes.
4. Put the tuna cubes in a bowl and pour over the Sriracha sauce and toss together until just combined. Let the tuna cubes marinate in the mixture for 2 minutes.
5. Using the avocado skin as a bowl, spoon 1 tbsp of diced avocado into avocado halves.
6. Pour over the tuna mixture.
7. Drizzle Sriracha sauce, then topped with black sesame seeds and green onions. That’s it! Serve immediately and enjoy! 😊
If you don’t want to eat these by themselves, I suggest serving them with some nice toasted baguettes or a small salad. You can also use this dish as a starter in your party.