This vegetable pasta recipe with creamy spinach sauce is a dish that is quick and simple to make—a satisfying meal in less than 30 minutes – a great dish for busy weeknights.
This vegetable spaghetti with spinach sauce is not only delicious, but it is really healthy too.
You can use all kinds of vegetables; they can be mixed and matched and prepared differently. For example, try running a squash through the spiralizer machine—a kind of machine for making ‘spaghetti’ out of various vegetables and fruits.
I don’t have this spiralizer machine, that’s why I used my peeler to make vegetable strips.
Other vegetables that are good to use
- Chinese radish
Only your imagination sets the limits, to try many vegetables and preferably bring the kids in the kitchen when you make the vegetable spaghetti.
You may also like my Creamy Salmon with Mushrooms and Spinach recipe – it’s quite similar.
Serve with warm garlic bread and a simple salad for an easy weeknight dinner.
Other pasta dishes you will love
Hope you will enjoy this vegetable spaghetti with creamy spinach sauce and chicken serve!
You will need:
- 15 grams (1 tbsp) butter
- 250 to 500 grams chicken fillet or chicken breast, cut into strips
- 75 grams fresh spinach
- 1 red onion, thin sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 250 ml cooking cream, 8% fat
- 100 ml of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250 to 500 grams of spaghetti
- 1 to 3 large carrots, peeled and use a peeler to make spaghetti strips
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt half of the butter in a saucepan and fry the chicken over medium heat for approx. 4 minutes on each side. Turn occasionally. When the meat is brown, take it up and set it aside on a plate.
- Put the rest of the butter in the pan along with onions and garlic. Cook until aromatic.
- Put back the fried chicken to the pan along with cooking cream, water, salt, and pepper. Lower the heat and cook the dish while stirring. Taste again with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach and cook for approx. 2 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to the packaging instructions. 2 minutes before your pasta is done, add the carrot strips.