Rocky Road is an ice cream flavor that is traditionally composed of chocolate ice cream, nuts, and marshmallows.
This ice cream is my childhood favorite. I love lots of chocolate and nuts and marshmallows. Can you blame me?
Personally, I don’t prefer plain ice cream; I always like my ice cream to have some crunch and ‘play’ in the texture.
Other ice cream recipe
We can’t find mini marshmallows, and because of the Covid19 lockdown, we can’t go to the big grocery stores to find one. We just bought big marshmallows and cut them into small pieces.
Tips for making Rocky Road Ice Cream
- You will need an electric mixer to whip the cream until stiff peaks form, as this will help the ice cream to set.
- Gently fold 1/4 of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture, then add this mixture to the bowl with whipped cream.
- You will need to freeze the ice cream for at least 8 hours or overnight.
All these textures and flavors come together to create a super-rich ice cream with loads of flavor in every bite. You must give this Rocky Road Ice Cream a try!
If you also love the Rocky Road flavor, maybe you want to check out our Rocky Road Chocolate Cake recipe. 🎂😉
Thanks a lot for supporting my website and help others discover recipes by sharing this recipe with your friends.😊
You will need:
- 150 to 200 grams condensed milk (depending on how sweet you want your ice cream)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 500 ml heavy whipping cream (or 1/2 L heavy whipping cream)
- 1/4 cup almonds or walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chocolate square, roughly chopped
- 1/2 to 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together condensed milk and cocoa powder until combined then set aside.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Then gently fold the 1/4 of the cream into the chocolate condensed milk mixture.
- Then fold the chocolate condensed milk mixture with 1/4 whipped cream into the bowl with whipped cream.
- Add almonds, marshmallows, and chocolate chips and gently fold to combine.
- Transfer into an airtight container with a low or cover container tightly with plastic wrap.
- Freeze the ice cream for at least 8 hours, or even better overnight.