This roasted green chicken curry is seriously simple to throw together and pack a huge amount of flavor!
I made this recipe with chicken thighs, which would be perfect served alongside steamed rice and sliced cucumber.
Trust me, you need this in your life! 😊
You will need:
- 2 cans of coconut milk (400 ml each can)
- 1 glass ready-made green curry paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, pounded
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on
- sea salt flakes
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- steamed rice and cucumber, to serve
- Preheat oven (with fan) to 180 degrees Celcius and grease your deep-sided medium baking tray.
- In a small bowl, combine green curry paste, fish sauce, and sugar.
- In the baking tray, pour the coconut milk, green curry mixture, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass. Mix to combine.
- Rub the chicken with salt and place, skin-side up in the baking tray.
- Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 50 to 60 minutes.
- After 1 hour, increase the temperature to 200 degrees Celcius, remove the foil, and roast for a further 35 to 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy.