This is a delicious chicken pita recipe with tastes amazing and is great for lunch or dinner.
This chicken pita is so easy to make and is very healthy. The preparation time is also minimal, thanks to the frozen pita bread I have made earlier.
You will need:
For the chicken filling
- 2 large chicken breast, without skin and bone
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or cooking oil)
- 1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- salt and pepper
- homemade pita bread or store-bought
- onion, sliced thinly
- tomatoes, sliced thinly
- cucumber, cut into thin strips
- fresh spinach leaves or lettuce, sliced
- sour cream dressing
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and place them in a freezer bag.
- Stir together the ingredients for the marinade and pour it over the chicken in the bag. Shake the bag well so that the marinade is distributed.
- Put the bag in the refrigerator and let the chicken marinate for a minimum of 2 hours, but preferably longer.
- Distribute the chicken pieces on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake the meat in the oven at 190 degrees Celcius (warm air) for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. The chicken pieces can also be cooked on a frying pan.
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces and serve it for pita or flatbread with lettuce and sour cream dressing. It is also delicious with chili and garlic oil.
- You can easily let the chicken marinate in the fridge overnight. This gives it plenty of time to extract the flavors from the many lovely spices properly.