This pasta soup with chicken and ham is a portion of pure comfort food. Thankfully, this recipe is so easy, and you can even make it tonight.
There are so many different ways of making homemade pasta soup with chicken, making your own broth, switching up the vegetables and spices, etc. But in our house, I like to keep things as simple as possible because today I am preparing this soup for Olivia’s lunchbox.
Paste soup with chicken and ham is one of the easiest soups to make. The ingredients are simple and inexpensive. You are looking at about 30 minutes from start to finish for this soup.
Need more soup in your life?
You will need:
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 100 g fresh white mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 1 large carrots, washed, peeled and diced
- 1 large leek, washed and chopped
- 100 g ready-to-eat chicken bits
- 4 slices of cooked ham, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 cup uncooked pasta
- 2 dl heavy cream
- Over medium-high heat, in a deep stockpot, add the onion, mushrooms, carrots, and leek. Cook, stirring every few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften approx. 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the water or chicken stock and pasta. Cook until pasta is done, about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the type of paste used.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm.