Pasta Bolognese with carrots, celery, and hotdog This flavorful, quick-cooking pasta bolognese is a recipe that’s fast enough for a weeknight meal.
The bolognese sauce can even be made in advance and frozen for when you’re in a hurry.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
For 4 servings of Pasta Bolognese, you will need:
- red hotdog, sliced
- 500 grams ground meat
- 2 onions, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 sticks celery, washed and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 2 cans/ glass store-bought pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water
- cooked spaghetti
- shredded cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and saute hotdog for 3 minutes then set aside.
- Using the same saucepan, add extra cooking oil and cook ground meat until no longer pink.
- Add the onions, garlic, celery, and carrots. Saute for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are translucent and aromatic.
- Add the dried oregano. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Add the pasta sauce, heavy cream, and water. Stir and simmer the sauce for 15 minutes.
- Now, add the cooked hotdog and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning according to your liking.
- Serve with spaghetti and drizzle with some shredded cheese. Enjoy!