Chicken with a creamy paprika sauce that is so easy to make that you will have dinner on the table in no time!
This dish is so comforting; creamy paprika chicken is a quick dinner classic that will please your family. Serve with plain boiled rice topped with crispy bacon.
But of course, you can experiment with this dish – you can add, for example, chopped peppers, leeks, mushrooms, or whatever else you can come up with and like. 😊
The chicken breast can also easily be replaced with chicken thighs or legs. And estragon can be replaced by all sorts of other types of fresh or dried herbs. It depends a bit on what you like and otherwise what you have in stock.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! 😊
Pin me on Pinterest!
You will need:
- 1 to 2 packs bacon strips
- 4 pcs chicken breast, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tbsp butter or oil, for frying
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack bacon cubes
- 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp mustard (mild taste)
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh estragon (or 2 to 3 tsp dried estragon)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven (with fan) to 180 degrees Celsius (350F).
- Fry the bacon strips until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, then set aside.
- Using the same pan, add 1 tbsp butter and brown the chicken pieces for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Place the chicken in a baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fry the bacon cubes crispy on the same pan and pour them over the chicken pieces in the baking dish.
- Fry garlic and onion, then add mustard, cream, chicken cube, paprika, and estragon. Save some estragon for garnish.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and let it cook for 3 to 5 minutes until it thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper and pour the sauce over the chicken in the baking dish.
- Put the baking dish in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the surface is golden and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice and vegetables, then topped with crispy bacon. Enjoy!