A hearty, one-pan meal that’s ready in just 50 minutes, our pork chop dinner includes bacon and cherry tomatoes.
- Baking time will also depend on the thickness of bacon and pork chops. If either of yours is particularly thin, the dish may be done sooner.
- You can add vegetables like squash if you want.
If you love pork dishes you might also like these:
- Pork Belly and Ribs Sinigang
- Pork Adobo in Coconut Milk
- Leftovers with Fried Pork, Potatoes, Butternut squash, Carrots, and Egg
- Filipino-style Pork Barbecue
You will need:
- 500 grams pork chops, cut into serving
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 100 g bacon, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 100 g fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can cherry tomatoes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- oil, for greasing roasting pan or dish
- mashed potatoes
- garlic bread
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius (350F). Lightly oil or grease roasting pan or dish with 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels and cut them in half. Turn pork chops over to the bowl with olive oil and paprika. Set aside.
- Fry bacon in a pan, and once done, transfer them to a bowl. Leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Using the same pan with bacon fat, add pork chops and fry them for 1 minute on both sides. Then place in the prepared roasting pan or dish.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Then add fresh cherry tomatoes, canned cherry tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, bacon, and water—season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the tomato mixture over pork chops and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with chopped parsley and serve with mashed potatoes and garlic bread.