A mini pizza is a fun and easy recipe to make for your kids’ lunchboxes or easy evening dinner. Make a big batch and store them in your freezer. Frozen pizzas are a lifesaver sometimes! Just pop it out of the freezer into the oven and done. Dinner or lunchbox snack is made with little to no preparation.
I make the dough using my stand mixer, if you don’t have one – NO WORRIES! You can make this recipe by hand.
I hope, you will also try our other lunch box and snacks recipes:
- Rye bread with cream cheese and smoked salmon
- Easy Fluffy Pancakes from Scratch
- Sausage Rolls (Pølsehorn)
- Pasta Salad
- Oven-baked Chicken Skewers
- Pizza Twist
- Lunchbox Mini-Bites Pizza
- Pizza Snails
Toppings for Mini Pizzas
There are many choices, and you can prepare as many of them as you like. But remember – do not overload the pizzas with toppings if you don’t want them slipping and sliding off the pizzas.
We top our pizzas with our easy homemade pizza sauce or sometimes I just use tomato paste, oregano, oil, salt, and pepper.
If you try this Homemade Mini Pizza recipe, please rate it and leave a comment below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to see what I am getting up to.
You will need:
For the pizza crust
- 450 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 grams instant dry yeast
- 300 grams water, lukewarm
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
For the simple pizza sauce
- 70 grams tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- salt and ground pepper
For the toppings
- shredded cheese
- toppings of your choice
For the pizza dough
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix flour, salt, and instant dry yeast. Make a well in the middle, then add lukewarm water and vegetable or olive oil.
- Knead the dough by hand on a lightly floured surface for 10 to 15 minutes until smooth and elastic. Take a windowpane stretch test.
- If using a stand mixer, knead the dough for 8 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Take a windowpane stretch test.
- Once finished kneading, remove the dough from the bowl, greased the bowl, shape the dough into a ball, and put it back into the greased bowl. Cover and let rest for 1 hour or until the dough doubled in size.
Homemade Pizza sauce
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix tomato paste, dried oregano, vegetable or olive oil, salt, and ground pepper. Then set aside.
Shaping the Mini Pizza
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celcius (480F).
- Once the dough is ready, punch it down with your knuckles to remove any air pockets.
- Divide the dough into 12 portions. I used my kitchen scale to achieve the same size mini pizzas. Shape each dough portion into balls. Remember to cover them with a kitchen cloth or plastic wrap to prevent drying. Let rest for 15 minutes until risen again.
- Once the dough is proved, using your fingers, flatten each dough portion into a thin round and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spread sauce and sprinkle toppings as desired.
- Baked for 8 to 10 minutes until the crust is crisp and the cheese melted and started to turn golden brown.
- At this point, you can serve the pizzas or let the pizza cool down completely and place it in the freezer.