Easy, homemade mini corn dogs and cheese are so easy to make and are super kid-friendly. Another easy school lunch that I packed really quickly by pulling ready-made items from our freezer.
I love this recipe because these mini corn dogs are freezer-friendly too. It can be made once, frozen and quick thaw in the microwave for easy, effortless school lunch on a hectic weekday morning.
We used cocktail hotdogs and ‘ostehaps’ cheese sticks. I used cocktail picks for the sticks, and they were perfect. The batter comes together so beautifully, and it’s so easy to dip the mini hotdogs into the batter and then fry them up.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to see what I am getting up to.
You will need:
- 400 grams plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 300 ml of milk
- 2 eggs
- cheese sticks
- cocktail hotdogs
- oil for deep frying
- wooden sticks
- Heat oil to 160°C. Make corn dog batter while the oil is heating.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Stick a small wooden stick in each hot dog and cheese.
- Dip each hot dog and cheese in batter and gently lay in the hot oil. I did mine in batches of 4 to 5 hotdogs and cheese at a time.
- Fry for about 3 minutes each until golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or mustard.