An easy way to liven up your kid’s lunchbox is with a little color! These mini colorful banana pancakes are the perfect size for little hands, and their playful colors make them irresistible.
Easy to make
This recipe is easy to make; it takes a few minutes to divide the batter and mix in coloring. This recipe makes 18 mini colorful banana pancakes.
You will need:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 small overripe banana, peeled
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- liquid food coloring
- butter, for frying
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork until almost smooth. Whisk in the eggs, then add the milk, vanilla, and oil. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Fold the butter gently with a rubber spatula until just blended.
- Dived batter into 3 or more equal portions and put into separate bowls.
- Drop a few drops of food coloring into each bowl.
- Mix well until you get the color you like.
- In a medium-size pan over low heat, spoon 1 tablespoon of pancake batter and form into small circles. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown and the top and edges begin to bubble.