Today, I’m sharing again a super easy curry recipe. I used mango chutney for this recipe. Mango Chutney has a sweet and rich flavor that can completely change your weeknight meal.
This recipe is simple to make and will be on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
For 4 servings of Mango Chutney Chicken Curry, you will need:
- butter or vegetable oil, for frying
- 500 g chicken breast, bone- and skinless – cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled, crushed, and chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 chicken broth cube boiled 500 ml water
- 1 small apple, washed and sliced into small bites
- 3 tbsp mango chutney, store-brought
- 1 spring onion, washed and chopped
- salt and ground pepper, to taste
- steamed white rice, to serve
- Heat the butter or oil in a saucepan, then sauté chicken pieces for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and curry powder. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until all the ingredients are coated—Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, apple, and mango chutney. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the spring onion, then season the chicken curry with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with steamed rice and boiled vegetables like broccoli.
- Adjust the taste according to your preference. You can add more or less mango chutney, curry powder, or maybe add some chili if you want spicy curry.
- If the sauce is too thick, you can add extra water.