An easy recipe from our dinner last night is Baked Chicken with potatoes and butternut squash. It’s a great way to use up your leftover meat or vegetables.
Here you get the very classic recipe for leftovers. Leftovers are usually served with fried eggs and beetroots.
You will need:
- leftovers potatoes and butternut squash
- 500 g pork, cut into cubes
- 2 medium-sized onion, chopped
- cooking oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- pickled beetroots
- Heat oil in a large pan. Season the meat with salt and pepper and bring to the pan, fry at medium heat. Stir frequently. Once done, set aside.
- Add onion and fry for 5 minutes. Then add the leftover potatoes, butternut squash, and carrots and fry until they turn light brown. Add the fried pork, then season with salt and pepper.
- Quickly fry four eggs.
- When the eggs are done, serve the dish with a fried egg and pickled beetroots.