Hot dogs are on the menu when it should go really fast (and the man must decide, haha!). You can freely choose your toppings, but below is what we usually put in.
Bonus – this easy summer dinner recipe can be on the table in well under 30 minutes. In fact, we were eating in 20 minutes – that’s my idea of the perfect summer dinner!
You will need:
- 1 pack hot dog buns, store-bought
- 1 to 2 packs hot dogs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 red onion (diced), salt, and pepper,
- 1 tsp cooking oil, for frying the brown hot dogs
- fried and fresh red onion, diced
- pickled cucumber
- Cooking the red hot dogs: In a large saucepan, add water and let it boil. When the water starts boiling, lower the heat to simmer, add soy sauce, red onion, salt, and pepper. Let the hot dog simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Frying the brown hot dogs: In a frying pan, add the cooking oil and fry the brown hot dogs until crisp. Please turn off the heat and set it aside.
- Warm your hot dog buns in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees Celcius for 3 to 5 minutes.
- To assemble the hot dogs, place a hot dog on each of the buns. Top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!