Making no churn ice cream is so easy using this recipe. You will only need a few ingredients to make this creamy, delicious Toblerone Ice Cream.
Homemade ice cream is always a winner. In this delicious ice cream, the chocolate Toblerone gets to play the main role. The recipe is easy to follow, and the ice cream tastes heavenly. The ice cream does not take long to prepare, but remember to set aside at least 6 hours so that the ice cream hardens in the freezer.
Try your hand at the homemade Toblerone Ice Cream and remember to make enough for this recipe is very popular.
Try out our other ice cream recipe
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
You will need:
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature (I used pasteurized egg yolks)
- 75 grams powdered (caster) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 200 grams Toblerone bar, roughly chopped
- 100 grams dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 500 ml heavy cream, room temperature
- Boil some water in a small saucepan; once it starts boiling, lower the heat to simmer. Place 50 grams of chopped dark chocolate and 100 grams of chopped Toblerone in a heat-proof bowl. Then melt the Toblerone and chocolate over a pan of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl’s bottom.
- Stir chocolate, and when you have just a few small unmelted chocolate chunks, remove the bowl from the heat. Set it aside until lukewarm.
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla until it turns light yellow. This can take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whip the cream until it holds a peak but is still soft. Don’t over whip it.
- Add the lukewarm melted chocolate Toblerone into the egg and sugar mixture. Whisk for 2 minutes.
- Then add half of the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and whip for 2 minutes. Then add it to the remaining whipped cream and whisk again until well mixed and fluffy.
- After that, slowly fold the remaining chopped Toblerone and dark chocolate.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer-proof container, cover, and freeze for at least 6 hours until it is ready to be served.