When my brother and I were growing up, our mama will always make this dessert for us as our snack during hot summer days. But we need to take our afternoon nap first before we can eat this yummy avocado dessert. 😁
Now, it is my turn to make this yummy dessert for my daughter Olivia. 😍
Today, I decided to learn my daughter, Olivia, on how to make my favorite childhood dessert, Avocado with condensed milk and ice. This summer dessert recipe is so easy to make and prepare, and the hardest part is to wait for it to chill.
Avocados are cheap and abundant in the Philippines, where I came from. But here in Denmark, avocados are so expensive and smaller than what we have in the Philippines. But I saw yesterday that avocados were on sale, so I decided to make this dessert with Olivia.
This dessert is very popular in the Philippines. We just scoop out the avocado flesh and place in a bowl, then we add condensed milk and ice cubes to keep it cool. It is so simple, creamy, and delicious. It’s a real treat!
More easy dessert recipes
- Moist Chocolate Cake with Marshmallow Topping
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Ube Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Classic Pavlova
- Moist and Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
You will need:
- 4 medium-sized ripe and seeded avocados
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (adjust according to your taste)
- some ice cubes
- a little lemon juice, to keep avocados from turning brown
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the seed. Using a tablespoon or teaspoon, scoop out the flesh and place it in a bowl.
- You can mash it with a fork or just keep it chunky (the way I like my avocado). You can add 1/2 tsp lemon juice to the avocado so it doesn’t turn brown.
- Add the condensed milk and ice cubes, then mix well until some of the ice cubes melts.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!