This pizza sauce is made from ingredients in your pantry that also happens to taste amazing and comes together in a matter of minutes.
I have a great from-scratch pizza dough recipe, and I thought I should also give this sauce recipe to pair your homemade pizza dough recipe.
This sauce is perfect for your pizza and can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 1 week.
You will need:
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil or 1 handfuls fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme or oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Throw all the ingredients into the blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.