These restaurant-style Tempura Shrimp from Planets Pride are so easy to cook. Go and grab their Ebi Fry and cook shrimp tempura like a Japanese chef! 😉 This post is sponsored by Planets Pride A/S.
For better results, keep Tempura Shrimp frozen until ready to use or fry. Once thawed, do not refreeze.
Recipes using Planets Pride products
- Sriracha Tuna Stuffed Avocado with Spring Onions
- Honey-Soy Glazed Tuna with Ginger and Peppers
- How to Cook Tempura Shrimp
- Black Bao Buns Filled with Tempura Shrimp and Coleslaw
- Tempura Shrimp with Curry (Danish Style)
Frozen Tempura Shrimp
For this recipe, I’m using Planets Pride A/S frozen tempura shrimp, and if you’re living in Denmark, you can find their products in some chosen Asian and local stores.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! 😊
You will need:
- 12 pcs frozen Tempura Shrimp
- neutral or vegetable oil, for deep frying
How to deep-fried Tempura Shrimp
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil to 180 degrees Celcius (350F). If you don’t use a thermometer, an easy way to check temperature is to use wooden sticks or spatula. When there are small bubbles around the sticks or spatula, the oil is ready.
2. Carefully submerge frozen tempura shrimp directly in hot oil. Deep fry for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
3. Do not crowd the wok or pan because the oil temperature will drop quickly.
4. Transfer the fried Tempure Shrimp to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain excess oil.
5. Serve Tempura Shrimp with sweet chili sauce. Enjoy!
So how do Planets Pride Tempura Shrimp taste? In my opinion and my family too, they are terrific. They have a crisp, great-tasting batter that we are a huge fan of. And the inside is a tasty shrimp. 👌