This post is sponsored by Planets Pride A/S.
Dusted Squid from Planets Pride – restaurant quality, yet ready in minutes. Deep-fried calamari or squid is a tender piece of squid lightly coated with fine flour. Rings and tentacles of squid coated in a crispy shell then dipped in garlic-lemon mayonnaise. The best!
I’ve eaten this dish whenever I’m visiting my family in Spain. Just sitting in a restaurant, enjoying the surroundings, and the moment with a plate of fried calamari and cold Cerveza. In Spain, they simply served fried calamari with a wedge of lemon and maybe some sea salt.
But today, to give it a little bit of an American or Danish style, I’m serving my calamari with my favorite dipping – the garlic lemon mayo dip. Hmm, they are just perfect.
Recipes using Planets Pride products
- Sriracha Tuna Stuffed Avocado with Spring Onions
- Honey-Soy Glazed Tuna with Ginger and Peppers
- How to Cook Tempura Shrimp
- Black Bao Buns Filled with Tempura Shrimp and Coleslaw
- Tempura Shrimp with Curry (Danish Style)
Frozen Dusted Squid
I’m using Planets Pride A/S frozen dusted squid; both rings and tentacles are included in the package. These seafood are already pre-cut and coated, so you don’t have to deal with the cleaning, cutting, and coating the squid. All you have to do is cook it up.
But remember, when cooking calamari, be sure to watch the clock carefully because calamari becomes rubbery if left in the hot oil for too long.
For better results, keep Dusted Squid frozen until ready to use or fry. Once thawed, do not refreeze. If you’re living in Denmark, you can find their products in some chosen Asian and local stores.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
Here’s what you need:
- Planets Pride frozen dusted squid
- neutral or vegetable oil, for deep frying
For the garlic-lemon mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sea salt
- chopped fresh parsley
How to Deep Fried Dusted Squid
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil to 180 degrees Celcius (350F). If you don’t use a thermometer, an easy way to check the temperature is to use wooden sticks or a spatula. When there are small bubbles around the sticks or spatula, the oil is ready.
2. Then deep fry the frozen calamari in small batches, for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Do not crowd the wok or pan because the oil temperature will drop quickly.
3. Transfer the fried calamari to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain excess oil.
4. Garnish with sea salt and chopped fresh parsley then serve immediately with lemon wedges or garlic-lemon mayonnaise. Enjoy!