This Honey-Soy Glazed Tuna has that sweet and salty flavor profile, which I and my find totally irresistible. Tuna cubes are stir-fried and finished with a quick stir to glaze them in honey and soy sauce deliciousness. This post is sponsored by Planets Pride A/S.
This dish is fast and full of great flavor. In 30 minutes, you can get dinner on the table, including rice or noodle and a simple side dish like boiled broccoli or sliced cucumber.
Frozen Tuna Cubes
Since I live in Denmark and don’t have great access to fresh tuna, I’m fortunate that the Planets Pride A/S contacted me and ask if I can create recipes out of their products. 😊
So, this is my first recipe using Planets Pride A/S frozen tuna, and if you’re living in Denmark, you can find their products in some chosen Asian stores.
Recipes using Planets Pride products
- Sriracha Tuna Stuffed Avocado with Spring Onions
- Honey-Soy Glazed Tuna with Ginger and Peppers
- How to Cook Tempura Shrimp
- Black Bao Buns Filled with Tempura Shrimp and Coleslaw
- Tempura Shrimp with Curry (Danish Style)
Other Tuna recipe
If you are in a low carb diet, you can still make this recipe but substituting gluten-free soya like coconut aminos or tamari soya sauce instead of regular soy sauce. For the sweetened, use agave nectar instead of honey. Serve the dish with stir-fried cauliflower instead of white rice or noodles.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! 😊
You will need:
For the tuna
- 600 grams tuna cubes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into bite-sized
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into bite-sized
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup dark soya sauce (for low carb version use coconut aminos or tamari soya sauce)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 to 4 tbsp honey (for low carb version use agave nectar)
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
For sides and garnish
- rice or noodles (for low carb version use cauliflower rice)
- 1 spring onions, sliced
- sesame seeds
Let’s make delicious Honey Soy-Glazed Tuna
- Wash and strained tuna cubes then season with salt and pepper.
2. Prepare the vegetables.
3. Whisk the honey, soya sauce, and water.
4. Stir-fry onion, garlic, and tuna cubes in a very hot wok or pan. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a deep plate.
5. Using the same wok or pan, add extra sesame oil and quickly stir-fry bell peppers and ginger until crisp-tender.
6. Add the soy and honey mixture and stir to combine.
7. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and one tablespoon water. Then stir it in the wok or pan and cook for a minute or two until the sauce has thickened.
8. Add the tuna to the wok or pan and gently toss it to coat well. Then taste with salt and pepper.
9. Remove from heat and serve immediately with steamed white rice or noodles.