Here you get the easiest and best recipe for ham, cheese, and spinach puff braid using store-bought puff pastry.
This is a delicious dish you can served for lunch or dinner and it is also ideal to serve at a buffet for a big party. You can decide for yourself which filling, meat, or vegetables you want to make.
You can also choose whether you want to make cut or just fold the sides over each other. But I think it gets so nice when you braid it together. 🤗
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
You will need:
- 2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 red onion, minced
- 200 grams ham, sliced into strips
- 100 grams fresh spinach
- 1 block cream cheese, plain
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small egg, for egg wash
- Preheat oven (with hot air) to 200 degrees Celsius (390F).
- Add a little oil to a pan and heat over medium heat. Saute onion and cook for 2 minutes until they are soft.
- Then add ham and cook for 3 minutes until slightly crisp, add spinach and stir it all together.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cream cheese, then taste with salt and pepper. Let the filling cool until lukewarm.
- Now take the puff pastries out of the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Spread the puff pastry (lined with parchment paper), and if you want, you can also cut the dough. See the photo below or see my story on my Instagram.
- Spread the filling in the middle of the puff pastry sheet.
- Fold the strips over each other alternately from side to side. Fold the ends under or over the dough.
- Brush with a beaten egg, and you can also sprinkle some sesame seeds (optional).
- Bake (middle rack) for approx. 15 to 20 minutes until it turns golden brown on top and cook through.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before serving.