So there is something particularly easy and cozy about dishes where it is all just cooked in one dish (or pan), and I do just that with Greek meatloaf.
Serve with a Greek tomato salad with feta, olives and red onion.
You will need:
- 500 g ground beef or ground lamb
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 30 g oatmeal finely rolled
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary or dried, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme or dried, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 black olives
- 30 g grated cheddar cheese
- 50 g halloumi cheese diced, or feta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Bring all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix it with a spoon or hand for 2 minutes.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with butter and shape the dough into a rectangular dough bread in the middle.
- Bake the meatloaf for about 45 minutes.
- Serve with, e.g., greek tomato salad.