Ginataang Manok is a Filipino dish that makes use of coconut milk and spices.
This is a simple yet rich dish and can be eaten along with steamed rice for lunch or dinner. If you choose to use vegetables, you can use any type depending on your preferences. Some add papaya, carrots, bell pepper, bokchoy, malunggay leaves, kangkong leaves.
Coconut milk with ginger cooked gives a savory and tangy flavor to the dish. Trust me; you will crave Ginataang Manok once you tasted it.
Give it a try and let us know the outcome. 😉
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to see what I am getting up to.
You will need:
- cooking oil, for frying
- 500 grams chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 thumb ginger, chopped
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- fresh spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add oil, then saute garlic, onion, and ginger and cook until softened in a pot.
- Add the chicken and cook until lightly brown. Add the water, and coconut milk, then bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes and skim any scum that floats on top. If your using vegetables, add them now, then simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and let it boil for a few minutes—season with fish sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.