Top a beef roast with garlic and herbs and follow these simple directions for an easy garlic herb-crusted roast beef.
Herb topping for Roast Beef
I decided to use the dried herb for this rub because I forget to buy a fresh one. 😅 But you are welcome to use fresh herbs if you have them in your kitchen.
The herb rub calls for minced garlic. I used 3 cloves of garlic and mashed them using a mortar and pestle. Add the herb, rock salt, and peppercorns. Mix this herb rub on all over the cut of beef.
TIP: I always use a roasting thermometer when roasting meat in the oven.
You will need:
- 1,5 kg beef culotte
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp dried thyme or rosemary (you can also use fresh herbs)
- 2 tbsp rock salt
- 4 peppercorns
For Herb rub
- Put herb, salt, peppercorns, and garlic in a mortar and bump it together into a beautiful thyme-garlic herb rub.
Preparing the roast beef
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Take the beef out of the fridge. Dab it well with kitchen paper for juices and let it tempering on the kitchen table. Place the beef in an oven rack.
- Rub the herb mixture on top of the beef.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take it out from the oven and cover the roast beef with foil and allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Place the roast beef in the oven again and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Please take out the culotte and let it rest for about 15 minutes covered with a clean cloth, and then cut it out.