You will never have to choose between cookies and brownies again. You can have them both with these super chocolatey and fudgy brownie cookies. So addictive and so easy to make.
I baked these cookies to surprise Olivia with monster cookies when she got home from her school 😊🍪
The edges of these cookies get crinkled and are firm and slightly crispy. The middles are gooey, fudgy, and over the top amazing. Just pour a cold glass of milk 🥛 , and you’re set for the best brookie (brownie + cookie = brookie 😁).
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to see what I am getting up to.
You will need:
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 60 grams of brown sugar
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 30 grams of butter
- 40 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 30 grams chocolate chips, optional
- In a heat-proof medium bowl, melt butter and chocolate over a bain-marie or in the microwave. Stir until melted and smooth. Let it cool.
- While the chocolate is cooling, in another medium bowl, place the egg, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Whisk for 2 minutes for high speed using a hand mixer. It will turn light and a little creamy.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture to the egg mix and use a hand whisk to incorporate it into the egg mix.
- Using a sift over the bowl, add in your flour and baking soda. Whisk these gently together.
- Once your dough is fully incorporated, gently fold in your chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
- Let your dough sit, covered, in the fridge for 45 minutes. About 15 minutes before taking your dough out of the fridge, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius and line the baking tray with parchment paper or baking paper.
- Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie batter on the baking tray. Give them enough space to spread and bake.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes. The cookies will look puffed up, and the top will become crinkly and cracked. Cookies will flatten out as they cool.
- Remove from the oven. They will be very soft straight out of the oven, so let them cool down a little before you transfer them to a wire rack to cool down further. Enjoy!