Macaroni Salad is typically served during special occasions like birthdays, fiesta, weddings, and Christmas and New Year’s Eve. This dish is straightforward to prepare and cook. It does not take a lot of time to prepare, so it also a good dish for snacks or appetizers.
For more Filipino food recipes, checked out here:
This is my version of Filipino-style Macaroni Salad. I hope you will try this also and enjoy it!
You will need:
- 250 grams chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- 1/2 cup good mayonnaise
- 150 grams elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 125 grams Eden cheese, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and diced
- 70 grams pineapple, in canned, drained, and diced
- 15 grams raisins
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish (optional)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced (optional)
- Place the chicken breast in a pot and cover with enough water. Bring the water to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked. Transfer the chicken to a plate, then flake the chicken.
- While you simmer the chicken, add macaroni in another pot of salted water and cook according to the packaging directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water until completely cool, then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, onion, raisins, pineapple, salt, and pepper. Gently stir to mix.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients. Gently toss all the ingredients until each piece is coated with dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight before serving.
- Do not overcook the pasta.
- Do not serve this dish right away. Let the flavors sit first overnight before you serve.