This pizza toast is super easy to make that both kids and grown-ups will love. Use any toppings of your choice in this 5-minute treat.
Perfect for an easy school and after school snacks.
So, if you’re kids want pizza in their lunchbox, and you don’t have time to prepare the dough – then this recipe is for you. It takes no more than 15 minutes, and you can choose your favorite pizza toppings and is done, ready to be packed or served.
If you need more inspiration for your kids’ lunchbox, please check them out:
Give it a try I am sure you and your family will love these.
You will need:
- 2 slices bread of your choice (I used whole wheat bread)
- tomato paste or leftover pasta sauce
- grated cheese (I used leftover grated pizza or mozzarella cheese)
- 1 slice cooked ham
- 3 pineapple tidbits, sliced into small pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celcius or 350F (using oven broiler).
- Lightly toast your bread (I toast them for 2 minutes using my oven toaster, but you can also toast under the grill broiler. Bake them in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes until the bread slices crisp up).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and place the bread slices on the baking sheet.
- Now spread the pizza sauce over the bread slices.
- Top each slice with the grated cheese, then the toppings of your choice. You can also add some seasoning.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!