Easy oven barbecue pork is baked in a garlicky marinade sauce. You will get that delicious Filipino Barbecue flavor without turning on your grill.
Just mix all the ingredients and marinate for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight. Then bake in the oven, flip and baste, then give them a quick broil at the end to caramelize and thicken the sauce.
But of course, you can also just turn on your oven and grill these delicious meat.
- Filipino-style Pork Barbecue
- BBQ Dipping Sauce (Filipino style) – Spice Vinegar Sauce
- BBQ Dipping Sauce (Filipino style) – BBQ Sweet Sauce
You will need:
- 1 kg pork
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp banana ketchup
- 3 tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic head
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup lemon soda or sprite
- 1 cup used marinade
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp oil
- Follow the Pork Barbecue procedure here.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius (conventional heating).
- Line your baking sheet with foil and place the Pork Barbecue.
- Rub the marinade all over the pork barbecue – on both sides and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take the baking sheet out of the oven, then flipped the pork barbecue and rubbed again with marinade. Place them back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, change oven settings to broil or grill function and bake for another 5 minutes.
- After grilling for 5 minutes, take the pork barbecue out of the oven, flip the meat, put them again in the oven, and grill for 5 minutes.
- Save the dripping sauce from the baking sheet, mix it with some ketchup, and then baste your baked pork barbecue before serving.