Quick, delicious, and very child-friendly, these Easy Homemade Beef Meatballs in Tomato Sauce are perfectly served with spaghetti for an easy peasy midweek meal.
Beef meatballs in a rich tomato sauce served over spaghetti and sprinkled with cheese is pure comfort food.
If you love pasta dishes you might also like these:
- One-Pot Pasta Bolognese
- Spaghetti with Bacon and Garlic-Crispy Breadcrumbs
- Vegetable Spaghetti with Creamy Spinach Sauce and Chicken
- Filipino-Style Spaghetti
You will need:
For the Beef Meatballs
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- water + one beef broth cube, for boiling the meatballs
- 1 store-bought tomato sauce
- uncooked spaghetti
- grated cheese
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Mix the ingredients for the meatballs. Let the mixture rest covered in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Boil water and beef broth cube in a saucepan. Using wet hands, form a meat mixture into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and then put them into the saucepan with boiling water.
- Simmer them on low heat and cook until they begin to floats on top.
- While the meatballs are simmering, warm the tomato sauce in a saucepan.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Remember that it must be al dente.
- Once your meatballs are done, please place them in the saucepan with warm tomato sauce. Then cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti and sprinkle grated cheese and parsley over the top.