Dorayaki is a Japanese pancake dessert. These are small pancakes that are put together then filled with sweet bean puree. But today, we used Nutella as our filling. These pancakes are easy to make, and they taste great too.
These simple Dorayaki pancakes recipe is the perfect weekend morning treat. A delicious and easy pancake recipe that is fast to get on the table.
Our other Pancake recipes
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
You will need:
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 60 grams sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 80 grams all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- Nutella, for the filling
- In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, honey, and whisk well until fluffy. Then sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and mix.
Cover and put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Take the batter out of the fridge, then stir 1 tbsp of water.
- Heat a pancake pan over medium-low heat (close to low).
- Pour a spoonful of Dorayaki batter on the pan. When the batter starts to bubble and rise, turn it over and cook on the other side as well. Cool all the Dorayaki batter this way, then transfer to a plate. To keep them moist, place a piece of kitchen paper over them.
- Once the pancakes have cooled, put them together (2 pancakes) with a spoonful of Nutella, and then the Dorayaki pancakes are ready to serve.