See here how to make creamy stewed white cabbage from scratch. Fry or oven-roast pork strips or pork meatballs and pre-cook the white cabbage before stewing. Crispy pork strips and stewed cabbage is a fairly affordable dish to make, and at the same time, it is easy to go for.
A small white cabbage has been used here, and if you have a large cabbage, you may only need to use half. But, of course, depending on how hungry you are. 😁
Nutmeg is optional, but I think it gives a good taste to the dish.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to see what I am getting up to.
You will need:
- 1 white cabbage
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 250 ml heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg og store-bought ground nutmeg
- Remove the outer layer of the white cabbage and the remove the inner core.
- Cut it into thin slices. Put the sliced white cabbage in a saucepan and fill with water, so that it just covers. Add a little salt and cook the cabbage for 7 to 8 minutes. Afterwards drain thoroughly the cabbage.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add sliced white cabbage until it has softened a little, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream then season with salt, pepper, and ground nutmeg.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until heavy cream is reduced, approx. 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.