Light, a creamy salmon dish that’s easy to make and done in about 25 minutes. This dish is made with juicy, tender, baked salmon and topped with creamy spinach and mushrooms.
The best part is that you can serve this dish with just about ANYTHING. You can serve this dish with mashed potatoes, over pasta, with extra veggies, or just as is.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating and leave comments below! Post a photo of how your version of the recipe came out on Instagram using #fildankitchenrecipe. Or visit our YouTube channel for more step-by-step cooking videos.
You will need:
- 500 gram fresh salmon
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 250 grams of fresh spinach. chopped
- 100 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 chicken broth cube
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220° and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub the bottom of the salmon with oil and place it skin down on the parchment paper.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of your salmon piece.
- While salmon is cooking, heat up a large pan over medium heat.
- Add some cooking oil and diced onion. Saute gently until softened but not browned.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, and spinach. Cover and let the spinach cook down, stirring occasionally. Set aside once cooked.
- In the same pan, pour the cream, water and add the broth cube. Stir until the broth is dissolved. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Add spinach and mushroom mixture back into the pan and simmer for 1 minute.
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon and serve with new potatoes and long beans.