Quick and easy to make Filipino dinner recipes from chicken, heavy cream, and pineapple all cooked together. Creamy Pineapple Chicken is a delicious combination of savory and sweet that only required a few ingredients.
This dish’s name is more of a description than a recipe title and means chicken stewed with pineapple and cream (Pininyahang Manok). I do not know the origin of this dish, but most Filipino loves this Pininyahang Manok. I added fish sauce as its salt that gives that Asian taste.
I didn’t add any vegetables, but you can use bell peppers and carrots if you want to add some veggies.
More easy Chicken recipes
- Chicken with creamy mushroom garlic sauce
- Chicken Tortilla Wraps with Curry Cream
- Asian-style Chicken Meatballs
- Baked Chicken with Potatoes and Butternut squash
You will need:
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained and juice reserved
- 1 cup heavy cream (piskefløde)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- cooking oil, for fying
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 medium-sized carrot, sliced diagonally (optional)
- 1/4 cup water, if necessary
- ground black pepper, for seasoning
- Marinate chicken in pineapple syrup, overnight in the fridge.
- The next day, saute garlic and onion until limp. Add the chicken and cook until chicken turns slightly brown.
- Add in the reserved pineapple juice, fish sauce, carrots, and bell pepper (if using). Cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Add the water when most of the juices have evaporated and continue cooking until the chicken is tender.
- Add in the cream and pineapple chunks. Season with fish sauce and ground black pepper. Simmer uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Turn off the heat and serve it with hot white rice.