This chicken macaroni soup is a delicious and creamy soup commonly served during special occasions and celebrations in the Philippines. I learned this recipe from my mom, who always cook this sour for our weekend breakfast.
So, what are you waiting for? Try doing this recipe for your family and friends. 😊
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
You will need:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 pieces sausages or hotdog, sliced crosswised
- 2 pieces chicken breast or chicken thighs without bones, boiled and shredded (save chicken stock)
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 cup cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
- 100 grams elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- To serve: 3 eggs, boiled (optional)
- Melt margarine in a saucepan, then saute onion and garlic until fragrant and soft.
- Add the sausage and shredded chicken. Stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and cabbage, then add broth cube, chicken stock, and heavy cream or evaporated milk. Bring to a boil. Check if the water hasn’t dried up; add more if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper. Boil again for another 3 minutes, then add cooked macaroni. Turn off the heat.
- Serve with boiled egg on top and enjoy!