This Chicken Yogurt Curry is a light curry recipe that is great to eat any day of the week.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
For 4 servings of Chicken yoghurt curry, you will need:
- 1 thumb-sized fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp curry powder (or 1 tsp turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 – 2 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 1 small can (70 grams) tomato paste
- 100 ml water
- 600 – 1000 grams boneless chicken breast, sliced into bite-sized
- 500 ml plain yoghurt
- cooking oil, for frying
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the dry spices and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and water. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour and stir in the yogurt. Simmer for 15 minutes until the chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Serve with warm rice. Enjoy!