An easy and delicious recipe for chicken with potatoes, cabbage, and asparagus. Danish summer food prepared in an ovenproof dish. 😉
The recipe is intended as a main course for four people.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
You will need:
- 500 grams potatoes, peeled and quartered
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 4 pieces of chicken breast, skin- and boneless
- 200 ml water
- 2 chicken broth cube
- 250 ml heavy whipping cream
- 3 tsp cornstarch stirred in a 100 ml water
- 1 cabbage, chopped roughly
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- Preheat oven (with hot air) at 180C/82F.
- Distribute evenly potatoes in a ovenproof dish then drizzle with a little olive oil and salt. Mix a little. Place in the preheated oven and bake the potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Cut the chicken breast into a bite-sized pieces and brown them in a hot pan with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Pour water into the same pan and dissolve the broth cube. Bring to a boil then add the heavy cream. Add the cornstarch mixture then season with salt and pepper. Let the sause simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven and spread the cabbage and asparagus over the potatoes. Then palce the browned chicken pieces on top, and finally add the sauce.
- Put the dish back in the oven and bake it for another 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! 😊