This creamy chicken recipe is a simple one-pan recipe that is both comforting and tasty.
Baby New Potatoes
For this recipe, I’m using baby new potatoes and preparing baby potatoes for cooking is very straightforward and easy.
Because they are young and tender, you don’t need to peel them. Simply rinse the potatoes thoroughly under fresh clean water. If there are any bits of mud or soil still stuck on them, use a clean brush and gently scrub the potato under running water.
And I also didn’t slice the potatoes. They are small and they will be cook quickly.
I hope you will also love this recipe as mush as my family do! Serve it over rice or with baked potates and greens.
You may also like:
- One-pan lemon chicken with potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Baked chicken with potatoes and butternut squash
- Oven-baked chicken with paprika sauce and tarragon
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! 😊
Pin me on Pinterest!
For 4 servings, you will need:
For the chicken and sauce
- 6 chicken thighs, skin-on
- 1 tbsp butter, for frying
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 200 grams brown mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1.5 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 400 ml boiling water
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp sugar, salt and pepper, to taste
For the baked potatoes
- 600 grams to 800 grams small new potatoes, washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp rock sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius / 400F (with fan) with a rack in the middle.
- Pat-dry the chicken thoroughly with a paper towel. Season each with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat a large oven-safe frying pan or skillet over medium heat with the butter. Place the chicken thighs in, skin-side down. Cook for about 10 minutes, without touching, until the chicken skin is golden brown. Flip the chicken thighs and cook for another 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Using the same pan, add the onion and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes, then add mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients and bring the sauce to a simmer. Save some tarragon for garnishing.
- Transfer the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the chicken is done and cooked and the sauce is thickened.
For the baked small potatoes
- Wash the potatoes and leave the skins on for extra texture. Place in a baking dish and add the olive oil and sprinkle with rock sea salt.
- Bake for approx. 35 to 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with fresh tarragon and serve with oven-baked small potatoes and steamed green beans.