Today, I tried another Adobo recipe. The best part of this dish was that it was very simple to make. My daughter Olivia loves Adobo; that is why I always make this dish over and over again.
I used bone in drumsticks for this recipe but you could really use any type of chicken pieces you’d like.
You may also like to try my other Adobo Recipes
I hope you enjoy this easy Chicken Drumsticks Adobo dinner recipe as much as we do. Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favorite dinner idea for busy weeknights? I would love to know!
You will need:
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- cooking oil, for frying
- 1 to 2 tbsp dark brown sugar, if you want a sweeter adobo sauce (optional)
- Wash chicken pieces and place them in a deep saucepan and add water, vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorns, and garlic. Uncover and bring to a boil. Do not stir chicken until it has started to boil.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes or until cooked. Add water, if necessary.
- When cooked, remove from the heat. Fry some garlic in a frying pan and add chicken without liquid and fry until brown.
- Add the liquid and sugar (optional) then simmer for 6 to 10 minutes.