This recipe is easy and comes together quickly, and is served over pasta or white rice.
Boneless-chicken like chicken breast fillets is best for this recipe. And I like to cut mine into small cubes so that there is more surface area in contact with the creamy Piquant sauce.
For the vegetables, I used
For the Piquant sauce, I am using only cheese from Buko. This is a Danish brand, but I think you can also buy Piquant cheese at your local grocery stores.
I serve this chicken breast fillets with creamy piquant sauce over pasta or white rice.
You will need:
- 500 grams chicken breat fillets
- 100 grams bacon bits
- cooking oil, for frying
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 2 bell peppers, finely diced
- 300 grams broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 200 grams piquant cheese
- 150 ml heavy cream
- pasta or white rice
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celcius (400F). Cut each chicken breast into small pieces.
- In a non-stick skillet, fry bacon bits until just crisp over medium-high heat. Drain on paper towels, then set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry chicken pieces for 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Once done, place cooked chicken in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the crispy bacon over the chicken.
- In another pan, heat cooking oil, then cooks onion and leek for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, then mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable and piquant sauce over chicken and bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta or white rice.