Here is the Chicken Asado filling recipe.
Actually, it is almost the same as my Pork Asado recipe – just substitute pork with chicken.
If you want to try this Chicken Asado recipe, see for yourself with this recipe. 😊
You will need:
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 500 grams chicken breast, sliced into large pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce (1 tbsp mushroom-flavor soy sauce, for darker color)
- 1 star anise, remember to remove this later
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, for thickening the asado filling sauce
For the Siopao sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, for thickening the sauce
- 2 cups braising liquid
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauce garlic and onion until the onion is almost translucent.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry until the color turns to light brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Bring to a boil and skim the scum that may float on top.
- Lower heat, cover, and continue to cook for about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken and place it on a plate. Using two forks, shred meat.
- Save 2 cups of braising liquid and set aside. Return the shredded meat to the pot and bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, combine 1 tbsp cornstarch and 3 tbsp of braising liquid from the pot. Stir until smooth, and cornstarch is dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the pot and stir to distribute. Continue to cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.