This is probably one of the easiest dished to find. And it tastes super good! Pasta topped with tomato sauce and baked in the oven with mozzarella cheese on top. Pure comfort food, this baked pasta has a meaty and lots of cheese. It is perfect for a busy night and is perfect for feeding a crowd.
You can both but the tomato sauce and make it yourself. And then you can add just the vegetables you want.
Tips for making a pasta bake
- You could technically use any pasta you want here.
- You can make this pasta bake ahead of time. Make it up until right before you bake it. Cover and refrigerate, then let it come to room temperature for about 20 minutes before baking it.
More comforting pasta recipes
- Easy Lasagna with Fresh Mozzarella
- Filipino-Style Spaghetti
- Bacon Mac and Cheese
- One-Pot Pasta Bolognese
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to see what I am getting up to.
You will need:
- cooking oil
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- cherry tomatoes, rinsed and quartered
- pasta sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 100 grams shredded mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C.
- Cook the pasta in salted water until it is almost done but still has a bite. Pour the water and set it aside.
- In a pan, saute onion, garlic, and tomatoes in hot oil until translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown well at high heat. Add the pasta sauce and simmer for a few minutes—season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the pasta and meat sauce and pour into an ovenproof dish and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the pasta in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and begun to take color.