Baked chicken with potatoes and butternut squash is such a winter recipe, but it’s honestly perfect any time of the year. This is a great weeknight one-pan dish too.
Meal prepping this dish
You can prepare most of the things the day before. Let the chicken marinate overnight in a freezer bag in the fridge. Cut potatoes and butternut squash into cubes and store them in the fridge, too, in another freezer bag.
One-Pan Meals are the answer
Do you know why one-pan or one-pot dinners are so popular? It’s because they are so easy and simple to do. All you have to do here is toss all the ingredients together, put in the oven and wait. Waiting is probably the hardest part of this recipe. 😄
You will need:
- 4 – 6 chicken thighs or legs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 750 g potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, optional
- Preheat oven (with fan) to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Season chicken with olive oil, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place chicken on a baking pan and arrange vegetable mixture around chicken.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the meaty part of the thigh register at 165 degrees Celcius.
- Served with roasted potatoes and butternut squash.