Adobo is a super easy one-pan dish that can be prepared the night before. For this recipe, I’m using chicken thighs (my family’s favorite) then braised it in soy sauce and vinegar.
So, if you are looking for a perfect dish for a busy weekday dinner then this Baked Chicken Adobo recipe makes the cooking process so easy.
The best way to serve adobo is with warm white rice. Then pour the adobo sauce over the rice that makes it more flavorful and delicious.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
You will need:
- 1000 grams of chicken
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 6 whole peppercorns or 2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- Vegetable oil, for greasing the pan
- Sugar (optional)
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, pepper, and bay leaves. Add chicken pieces, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Tips: The longer time you marinate the meat, the better!
- 30 minutes before cooking, preheat oven (with fan) to 200C / 390F.
- Use an oven-safe saucepan with cover, then add vegetable oil. So, then the chicken will not stick to the bottom.
- Add all the ingredients and put the chicken skin-side down. Cover and place in the oven (middle rack), then bake for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, take the lid off, turn the chicken skin-side up and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Serve with warm rice. Enjoy!