Bacon-wrapped meatloaf is covered in crispy bacon and ketchup glaze. This moist and tender meatloaf really packs with flavor. This dish will surely please and impress your entire family. Not to mention how easy it is to make meatloaf and pretty cheap too!
You can also prep this whole recipe, store it in the fridge for up to 3 days, and toss it in the oven when you need it.
What to serve with Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf?
This flavorful meatloaf is sure to become a family favorite. I love to serve it with steamed rice or boiled potatoes with brown sauce or a side of steamed veggies. Leftovers reheat well and can easily be made into a meatloaf sandwich.
How to store Meatloaf?
You can keep it right in the loaf pan wrapped up with plastic wrap or foil. You can also keep it in an airtight container. It will last 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
You can also freeze Meatloaf. You can freeze it before or after cooking, place the meatloaf in a loaf pan and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap, then in foil and freeze. Thaw it out in the fridge for about 18 hours before baking it.
To freeze it after cooking, make sure it is fully cooked before putting it in the fridge. You can either freeze it in individual slices, wrapped up tightly with plastic wrap, or you can wrap up the whole loaf. Place into a large freezer bag and freeze up to 3 months.
Recipe tips and notes
- Use room temperature bacon, also make sure you use longer and thinner bacon slices.
- If you want to use a store-bought BBQ sauce to speed up the process, that will work as well.
Did you love this recipe? Try these!
You will need:
For the Meatloaf
- 500 g minced pork or beef
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pack of bacon in slices
For the Glaze
- 6 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1000 g potatoes, boiled
- brown sauce
- 1 bag of frozen vegetable mixture
- Preheat the oven (with fan) to 175 degrees Celcius and grease your baking dish. Set aside.
- Meatloaf: In a large bowl, stir together all meatloaf ingredients (except bacon) until evenly mixed.
- Form the meat mixture into a loaf, then top with bacon slices.
- Meatloaf Glaze: In a small bowl, combine all the glaze ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- Bake: Transfer meatloaf to the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the inside temperature is 70 degrees Celcius. After 45 minutes, cover the meatloaf with prepared glaze (save some glaze for garnish) and bake for another 10 minutes. Brush it all over the surface.
- Once the meatloaf is done, let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Let the meatloaf cool some before slicing so that it doesn’t fall apart.